Has life taken an unexpected turn?
Have you been surprised by some difficult feelings that have arisen in the face of what you thought would be a happy life event?
Do you feel as though you have outgrown a part of your life that used to bring satisfaction and vitality?
Have you lost a loved one recently and are struggling to find your “new normal?”
It is a dark and difficult journey that many people will make at some point in their lifetime. Clinical depression is a serious disorder that affects more than 15 million Americans and it interferes with an individual’s ability to function optimally. It can affect a person’s thoughts, mood, behavior, and physical health. Over half of people who struggle with one episode of depression will go on to experience more episodes of depression in the future. When depression goes untreated, the symptoms become more frequent and intense over time and can eventually lead to suicide.
Specific symptoms of depression include:
- Trouble with concentration
- Decrease in your regular amount of energy
- Feeling guilty, worthless, hopeless, pessimistic or helpless
- Trouble sleeping or change in sleeping habits
- Easily irritable or more restless than normal
- Loss of interest in things you used to enjoy doing
- Change in eating habits – over or under eating
- Aches, pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive troubles
- Feeling sad, anxious, or “empty”
- Suicidal thoughts
It’s a challenging season, but a period of depression is not a journey you need to make alone.
Depression counseling will help you:
- Find more motivation
- Improve self-care such as exercise, good nutrition and meditation
- Uncover and explore the areas of your life that contribute to your depression
- Overcome isolation and reconnect with significant people in your life
- Identify and challenge negative thinking patterns that lead to feeling helpless and hopeless
- Control your thoughts and feelings so they no longer overwhelm you
- Help you draw on your own emotional, mental and spiritual resources
Don’t continue to suffer alone…we are here to help.
Our team of licensed professionals and compassionate therapists have helped hundreds of clients find their way through depression and back to full and satisfying lives. We accept many types of insurance and offer evening and weekend appointments for your convenience. Contact us to make an appointment.