Unfortunately many times we are not able to protect our children from suffering; whether it is a recent divorce or other family change, the loss of a loved one or some other difficult transition, children feel losses deeply but often do not have the words to express their emotions. Our team of licensed and skilled child therapists use a variety of techniques designed to help children process and resolve difficult emotions, including art therapy, play therapy (including sand tray) and other approaches in a peaceful and caring environment. We work from a family-centered perspective, understanding that for kids to do well, parents and caregivers also need support and the right tools to meet their needs.
Child counseling can help kids:
- Strengthen resiliency and better cope through challenges
- Learn how to regulate their emotions (happy, mad, sad, worried, etc.)
- Heal from trauma
- Improve self-esteem
- Develop better relationships with peers and siblings
Child counseling can help parents:
- Understand the emotional needs of a child who is struggling
- More effectively deal with behavior challenges
- Support children facing transition or loss
- Advocate for their child’s best interest at school
- Improve sibling relationships
- Introduce and support new coping strategies
We use an intensive assessment tool to help gain an understanding of the unique qualities and development of your child. Assessment helps in problem solving, diagnosis, psychotherapy and counseling, and in evaluating progress.
At Lifestance Health our licensed therapists are experienced in working with preschoolers, children and teens. We accept a variety of insurance plans and offer evening and weekend appointments for your convenience. Contact us to make an appointment.