Is your drinking, drug use or compulsive behavior taking over your life?
Addiction is a complex disorder that takes over the three key elements to our well-being: mind, body & spirit. It is often an unhealthy coping mechanism for trauma, intense stress, emotional distress, depression, and anxiety.
If you are struggling with addiction, there is often an intense need to escape and avoid difficult experiences and painful emotions.
Do you continue to engage in addictive behavior despite:
- Negative consequences in multiple areas of your life
- Withdrawal symptoms
- Involvement with the legal system
- Concerns from friends and family?
Addiction counseling can help you:
- Identify and manage triggers
- Stabilize and understand the process of addiction
- Learn to manage emotions and replace unhealthy responses with healthy ones
- Rediscover your identity and sense of self
- Regain a sense of personal power and control
At Charleston Counseling Center, we understand how challenging recovery can be, but also how much hope there is for living a successful and productive life. Our team of experienced and highly trained therapists can help you take a look at your use and set up a successful plan for sobriety. We accept many major insurance plans and offer evening and weekend appointments for your convenience. Contact us to make an appointment, we are ready to help you on your journey.